Welcome to Ganna Ngunis
Home of the S.A. Studbook/Landbouweekblad best producing Nguni cow for 2013!
Ganna Ngunis' mission is to concentrate on the breeding of pure animals that will have a positive effect on the fertility, mothering ability and therefore the efficiency (profitability) of breeders' and producers' herds.
Amongst other things, this implies that we recognize our position (as stud breeders) in the beef chain and acknowledge our role which is to increase the frequency of genes important to beef producers and consumers! Thus we realize the importance of the market environment as well as the biological environment in which beef role players find themselves and steer our breeding objectives accordingly! We believe in giving the market what they need and supplying it with the most information possible in order for them to make an informed decision! We are not hung up on visual fancy points which has no value in the beef chain, but select cattle to be functionally efficient, adapted, fertile, have above average mothering ability (milk), weans heavier than average calves and is thus more efficient (profitable). All of this off natural veld with minimum inputs.
• Highest price for a female animal at the Diamant Breeders' Auction for 2011!
• Our herd has the second most ARC awards for best producing cows in the breed (2011)!
• Breedplan best Nguni cow group for 2005, 2006 and 2010!
• Highest price for a bull at the Free State Breeders' Group Sale for 2010!
• Highest price for a bull at the Central Nguni Club Sale for 2008 and 2009!
• Highest price for a bull at the Diamant Breeders Auction for 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009!
• The average wean maternal (milk) breeding value of our cow herd is in the top 40% of the breed (1.2 kg)!
• The average wean direct breeding value of our cow herd is in the top 20% of the breed (+3.7 kg)!
• Bulls used in the last breeding season is on average in the top 5% for wean direct and in the top 30% for wean maternal (milk)!
• Highest price for a pregnant heifer at the Nguni Beef Interest Group Auction for 2011
• Highest price for a female animal at the Highveld Bull project and Nguni Beef Interest Group auction for 2013!
• We successfully passed the prescribed parentage verification testing (on all animals as nominated by S.A. Studbook) upon first testing! View S.A. Studbook certificate
Die Nguni konsep.
Doeltreffende seleksie vir meer produktiewe (doeltreffende) beeste.
Genotype by environment interaction in the Nguni cattle breed.
'n Ondersoek na groei-eienskappe in die Nguni-beesras.
Deel 1 en 2 - Seleksiedoelwitte en die kwantifisering daarvan in 'n (Nguni) kudde.
Free State Breeders’ Group Auction
Date: 16 Februarie 2013
Venue: Parys, Afridome
Time: 11:00 am
Central Nguni Club Auction
Date: 16 October 2013
Venue: Bloemfontein, Kwaggafontein
Time: 11:00 am
Diamant Nguni Breeders Auction
Date: 7 November 2013
Venue: Langberg, Kimberley (Modderrivier road)
Time: 11:00 am